Monday, April 11, 2011

Wrigley



In May of 2009 I decided it was time for me to get my own dog. When I started looking around, Charlie was so mad at me the first time he smelled another dog on my clothes. I met Wrigley at the Cache Humane Society. He looked so small and scared in his pen. He had a little stub tail and really fuzzy orange ears. I asked the ladies up front what his story was. They said he was picked up in Providence by animal control. He was just wandering around the streets, hair all matted, and hungry. The pound kept him for a week and when no one claimed him they were ready to put him down.

Luckily the humane society rushed over and picked him up. They had to shave off his hair and some 16 year old volunteer on pot named him Fuzzle. That named did not last long. I took him outside to see how we got along and I knew he was the dog for me. I even called my mom to come and meet him. He was so excited to be out of his pen with someone and when he jumped to give me a kiss he bit my chin. I immediately paid his adoption fee so no one else could adopt him. But I had to wait a week before I could take him home so they could make sure he did not have any illnesses. That was such a long week. But I had found a really cute apartment with a yard for Wrigley and I and we had such a great summer together.

No comments:

Post a Comment