Sunday, April 10, 2011

Charlie


I first met Charlie during one of my volunteer shifts at the Cache Humane Society. He and his brother had been brought in the night before to the shelter. They were only 6 weeks old and covered in mud and poop. Someone had dropped them off at the Wal Mart and left them there to fend for themselves. They were the most beautiful puppies I had ever seen. You probably are realizing that I say that about like every puppy I see. I gave Charlie and his brother their first bath and to see how happy they were to be clean was just amazing. After I bathed them I wrapped them each in a warm towel and just held them until they fell asleep.

At that time my sister was begging my parents to get a dog. Of course when I ask it is no but when she asked my dad he was like sure that would be great. Not that I am upset about it or anything. Since I worked at the shelter I was able to take my siblings and my mom to pick out a dog. They met the puppies that we had and decided on Charlie boy. The day we took him home was so fun! I slept over at my parents house that first night and when I woke up in the morning he was curled up on my stomach. He turned 2 last December and is continually growing. Sometimes he still acts like a big puppy but we love him anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment